Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ah, Tepoztlàn

Tepoztlàn is a bit like the Vermont of Mexico. It´s surrounded by majestic mountains and Tarot card readers. It´s the ice cream capital of Mexico, and has a really great food and crafts market. I like Vermont, and I like Tepoztlàn .
Tepoztlàn is also small,enjoyably walkable. All the roads are cobbled, and they are really bumpy and not very car friendly, but pretty foot friendly. Also it´s consistently mildly warm and sunny. There`s lot`s of quirky architecture that I like to peer at as I walk around.
I have been taking more Spanish classes at the Spanish Cat in the mornings. There is one other person in my class, a woman from Denmark. The classes are great, y he pensado en español. I teach a five year old English, which is actually also another chance to practice my Spanish. I also go to ceramics classes. They are in some kind of artist housing co-op. Lot´s of sassy, friendly people attend. I`m about an hour south of Mexico City, so at some point I´ll take the bus in and visit lots of museums. That´s all for now, time for dinner!

No comments: